Ally and Joanna are two twenty-something pop culture fanatics. Each week, they talk about everything from Lady Gaga and Ryan Gosling's abs to Cary Grant and Lisa Turtle. They try to stay on topic.
New episodes every Friday!
Photo with 4 notes
I just discovered Bianca Lawson on an episode of Dawson’s Creek… that aired in 1999… when she was 20. No wonder she seemed way too old to play 16-year-old Maya on Pretty Little Liars… in 2010. - J
Post with 1 note
This podcast is for all of the complainers out there. Why so serious? Does Lilo as Liz got you down? Are you mad at KStew? Well, lighten up and watch Bunheads.
1. ABC Family Summer Preview - A quick chat about Pretty Little Liars and Jane By Design. Plus, a Bunheads preview!
2. Why Is Kristen Stewart Disliked? - This week everyone hates KStew.
3. True Blood Time! - Ally’s so psyched for season 5 she could suck Joanna’s blood. (Gross.)
4. Pop Culture Minute - The MTV Movie Awards exist. Deal with it.
Sorry guys, but I just had to. Texts from Hillary is too funny. -A
I’m sorry that I just beat every single one of you at this game.
Original image by Kevin Lamarque for Reuters.
Post with 1 note
On this podcast, we discuss 21 Jump Street, ABC Family, and more. None of this matters because The Hunger Games are here! Are you PUMPED? We are!
1. Ally and Joanna Discuss 21 Jump Street - Why this comedy starring Jonah Hill and Stockard Channing Tatum O’Neal is worth your time.
2. That’s A!? - We break down the Pretty Little Liars spring finale.
3. Can’t Get Enough ABC Family - Switched at Birth and Make It or Break It. We mostly love you.
4. Pop Culture Minute - Ally doesn’t understand The Bling Ring. Why Sofia Coppola? Why?
One awesome thing about the Pretty Little Liars finale is that it has probably inspired several people to rent Psycho. - J
Question with 1 note
stefanxwinchester asked: I'm disappointed with who A is. It didn't shock me at all. I don't ship Ezria, I would rather see Aria & Jason together. I don't think Melissa is pregnant, I think she was the black swan, it looked exactly like her; and Hannah made a comment "tall and size 2." Marlene King said everything they say on the show has a meaning behind it and a clue. Season 3, I'm sure we will see more people who is part of the "A Team."
Thanks! Keep sending us your reactions. http://allyandjoanna.tumblr.com/ask
Photo with 14 notes
Okay, Pretty Little Liars fans. Now that you’ve seen the season finale and know who A is, we want to know your reactions.
Did you love it or hate it? Were you shocked? Are you sick of Ezria? Are you wondering why Melissa has the gestation period of an elephant?
And what do want to see happen in season 3?
Message us. Tweet at us: @allyandjoanna. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll include your responses on this week’s podcast.
Post with 2 notes
It’s the 30th episode of the Ally and Joanna Show! Naturally, we discuss why our patron saint Angela Chase would die in The Hunger Games. (Sorry girl.) Also Joanna explains the plot of Missing, even though she hasn’t seen it.
1. Ally and Joanna Discuss Game Change - The HBO film is about more than the 2008 election.
2. Ally and Joanna Review Friends With Kids - The first must-see movie of 2012 is here.
3. The Hunger Games: Melodramatic Teenagers Edition - If the casts of My So-Called Life, Skins, Degrassi, Pretty Little Liars, and Dance Academy faced off, who would survive?
4. Pop Culture Minute - We’re on Team Jon Hamm
My favorite moment from last night’s Pretty Little Liars was Spencer getting all hood and saying, “I’m the money.” Yes, Spencer. Yes you are. -A
Ally, Bianca Lawson is 32-years-old. That is why I have never taken the Emily-Maya relationship seriously. Ezria are more believable! (Still less tolerable though.) - J
Page 1 of 3