Ally and Joanna are two twenty-something pop culture fanatics. Each week, they talk about everything from Lady Gaga and Ryan Gosling's abs to Cary Grant and Lisa Turtle. They try to stay on topic.
New episodes every Friday!
Photo with 8 notes
I saw this picture and thought “When did Elizabeth Olsen get bad plastic surgery?” Turns out it is just an unfortunate picture of Olivia Wilde. - J
Aw, you guys! Remember that time Olivia Wilde was a kinda sorta lesbian on The O.C.? Yeah, me too… -A
Post with 1 note
It’s Friday (Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday). As promised here is the very first episode of the Ally and Joanna Show.
In the first installment of the Ally and Joanna Show, hosts Ally and Joanna introduce themselves, figure out this whole podcasting thing, and talk about the pop culture high points of the week. Shark Week anyone?
Listen up and enjoy! Yay!
Runtime: 65 minutes
1. Introductions/ Pop Culture Mad Libs - Our bios are boring. Mad libs are not. (0:17)
2. Happy Birthday, MTV - Carson Daly, Britney Spears rips off her clothes, Lance Bass pretends to like a model, Newlyweds, “Teen Wolf” - We love our MTV (6:54)
3. It’s About To Get “Awkward” - How does MTV’s latest scripted drama match up against other teen shows? And, shockingly, Joanna finds a way to work Skins into the conversation. (17:37)
4. A Summer Movie Trifecta - So we went to the movies recently. But what do we really think about Captain America, Cowboys & Aliens, and Friends with Benefits? (30:12)
5. Thank You TeenNick - Our favorite shows (Clarissa! Pete & Pete! Salute Your Shorts!) are back on the air. (52:00)
6. Pop Culture Minute - Here’s a message to actresses cutting their hair. Stop it. Stop it now. (61:00)
Post with 1 note
RE: Cowboys and Aliens, Olivia Wilde
I have yet to see the movie, but I am worried about the Wilde factor. Funny enough, here’s what The New York Times said about Ms. Wilde last week:
“At this point she’s still just a string of bad movies away from being Kate Hudson.”