Ally and Joanna are two twenty-something pop culture fanatics. Each week, they talk about everything from Lady Gaga and Ryan Gosling's abs to Cary Grant and Lisa Turtle. They try to stay on topic.
New episodes every Friday!
A little Angela Chase to brighten your day. -A
We’ve reached the depressing part of autumn. Bye bye leaves! You know what else is depressing? Sticky Fingers Lohan legal woes. Also on this podcast, our review of Footloose, a segment dedicated the tao of Angela Chase, and more. Take a listen!
1. Ally and Joanna Review Footloose - We saw it. We liked some of it. Here’s our take on the remake.
2. What Would Angela Chase Do? - Pretty Little Liars Halloween special aired on Wednesday. In lieu of breaking down the drama (A stalked Alison first! Mona’s knit sweater!), we’re giving you what our beloved Angela Chase of My So-Called Life would have though.
3. Grimm vs. Once Upon a Time - Can you spot the difference between these two new shows? Because we can’t. But we do pitch a show called Hans, starring Hayden Christiansen to CBS so they can join in the fun.
4. Pop Culture Minute - Kelly Osbourne has a stick up her butt.
That’s all for this episode! Thanks for listening! As always, you can follow the Ally and Joanna Show on Tumblr and Twitter. And email us firstname.lastname@example.org. What are you waiting for?
Episode four is here! They say that when you reach the fourth podcast is when you go absolutely bonkers. Okay, maybe not. But this happened to us. What drove us mad this week? Lady Gaga’s inability to go away, unnecesary Emily Fields’ haters, Anne Hathaway’s atrocious British accent and more! Take a listen!
Runtime: 59 minutes
1. No Longer Gaga For Gaga - Lady Gaga, you’re boring us. Please hang up your meat dress and take a long break from being Lady Gaga. Also, Ally and Joanna reveal some dark secrets about their spinal cord and feet respectively. 2:08
2. We Love You, Emily Fields! - The Florida Family Association decided that Pretty Little Liars is a show full of sin because one of the Liars is big, scary lesbian. But we’re confused. We think Emily is the nicest, sweetest, and most moral of the girls. Clearly, the FFA doesn’t really watch PLL. 13:40
3. The Best Gay Teens On Television - We made a list of our favorite gay teen characters on television and share why we love them. Naomi and Emily from Skins, Marco Del Rossi from Degrassi, Kurt Hummel from Glee, Rickie Vasquez from My So-Called Life and many more get shout outs. 22:07
4. Joanna Reviews One Day - Ally does not care for Anne Hathaway or Jim Sturgess. So she sent Joanna out to watch One Day and report back on her findings. Warning: A major spoiler follows. 40:45
5. Pop Culture Minute - Hey, Kim Kardashian’s Wedding. We’re still mad at you. 55:55
Thanks for listening! Tune in for episode 5 next week!