Ally and Joanna are two twenty-something pop culture fanatics. Each week, they talk about everything from Lady Gaga and Ryan Gosling's abs to Cary Grant and Lisa Turtle. They try to stay on topic.
New episodes every Friday!
Post with 1 note
This podcast is for all of the complainers out there. Why so serious? Does Lilo as Liz got you down? Are you mad at KStew? Well, lighten up and watch Bunheads.
1. ABC Family Summer Preview - A quick chat about Pretty Little Liars and Jane By Design. Plus, a Bunheads preview!
2. Why Is Kristen Stewart Disliked? - This week everyone hates KStew.
3. True Blood Time! - Ally’s so psyched for season 5 she could suck Joanna’s blood. (Gross.)
4. Pop Culture Minute - The MTV Movie Awards exist. Deal with it.
Post with 1 note
Ally and Joanna discuss The Client List, Damsels in Distress and… the NFL Draft? That’s because this is a podcast dedicated to extras and happy endings.
1. MTV Movie Awards’ Facelift - The awards show wants to stop sucking.
2. Ally and Joanna Review Damsels in Distress - Welcome back, Whit Stillman. And welcome back Seth Cohen.
3. Guilty Pleasure Alert: The Client List - Why J. Love’s new Lifetime show is a-mah-zing.
4. Pop Culture Minute - We’re calling you out, Sports Center.
I have to say this made me LOL. This whole controversy started from Instagram photos at Coachella. Now fans are angry about this tweet. I love how people react to celebrities and social media almost as much as what celebrities do with social media. -A
Guys, this exists. Raise your hand if you want Daria to be your guiding light/GPS. I know I do! - J
Video with 2 notes
One of the many things Ally and I discussed on our very first podcast (listen here, do it now) were our favorite MTV memories. Mine (one of them) was Britney Spears ripping her clothes off at the VMAs and performing “Oops I Did It Again”. Can it be 2000 all over again? - J
Post with 1 note
It’s Friday (Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday). As promised here is the very first episode of the Ally and Joanna Show.
In the first installment of the Ally and Joanna Show, hosts Ally and Joanna introduce themselves, figure out this whole podcasting thing, and talk about the pop culture high points of the week. Shark Week anyone?
Listen up and enjoy! Yay!
Runtime: 65 minutes
1. Introductions/ Pop Culture Mad Libs - Our bios are boring. Mad libs are not. (0:17)
2. Happy Birthday, MTV - Carson Daly, Britney Spears rips off her clothes, Lance Bass pretends to like a model, Newlyweds, “Teen Wolf” - We love our MTV (6:54)
3. It’s About To Get “Awkward” - How does MTV’s latest scripted drama match up against other teen shows? And, shockingly, Joanna finds a way to work Skins into the conversation. (17:37)
4. A Summer Movie Trifecta - So we went to the movies recently. But what do we really think about Captain America, Cowboys & Aliens, and Friends with Benefits? (30:12)
5. Thank You TeenNick - Our favorite shows (Clarissa! Pete & Pete! Salute Your Shorts!) are back on the air. (52:00)
6. Pop Culture Minute - Here’s a message to actresses cutting their hair. Stop it. Stop it now. (61:00)
What? It’s already time for a new season of Jersey Shore? Tonight?! -A
Photo with 7 notes
“The ellipses are the sluts of punctuation.”
(Who’s watching tonight’s new episode of “Awkward”? - J)
“Today, brains. Tomorrow, pierced tongues. The next day, pierced brains.” ~ Jane Lane
I miss Daria. Classic MTV. And apparently, it may return because MTV networks is bringing everything back these days! (They own Nickelodeon) - A
Page 1 of 2