Ally and Joanna are two twenty-something pop culture fanatics. Each week, they talk about everything from Lady Gaga and Ryan Gosling's abs to Cary Grant and Lisa Turtle. They try to stay on topic.
New episodes every Friday!
Post with 2 notes
This week’s podcast is all about the most hated shows and characters on television. Plus, there is an important vocabulary lesson and some Dick Cavett fangirling.
1. Haters Gonna Hate - So you didn’t like Titanic the miniseries and you didn’t like Girls? As if we care.
2. Most Hated TV Characters - Are bitchy and mean TV characters a turn off? Apparently, only when they are women.
3. Defining Dumb Internet Speak With Ally and Joanna - A new recurring segment! This week, we define “script-rape”.
4. Pop Culture Minute - Extreme dieting before weddings needs to stop.
Quote with 15 notes
Girls shows that we’re not all idiots. All these girls are pretty intelligent. None of them are dumb. And I think something you find when you’re a 20-something woman is everyone thinks you’re an idiot. Everyone thinks you spend all your time watching Jersey Shore, idolizing it and that’s who you want to be. Like I dream dreams of being Snooki one day or something. It’s so upsetting…. There is this utter amazement that you can be a twenty-something woman and be intelligent. It’s really upsetting. And I like that on this show, these girls are all smart… but still so messed up.
Girls premieres on HBO tonight (as we mentioned on this week’s show). Joanna and I are super excited! So is Lena Dunham! -A
Post with 1 note
Happy Titanic Anniversary Week! Are you sick of this damn boat yet? Well, we’re not. Also on this week’s podcast, we preview Girls and celebrate Ashley Judd’s badassery.
1. Scandal on ABC - Why we’ll keep watching Shonda Rhimes’ latest drama.
2. Girls, Girls, Girls - Everything you need to know about the new HBO comedy.
3. Pop Culture Minute - Never insult a smart lady.
Photo with 2 notes
Ally and I have now watched the first three episodes of Girls and we like it. We really like it. Even though Girls scares us because of how much it resembles our lives. Tune in to next week’s podcast to hear our discussion of this show and more. - J
Here’s the latest trailer for Girls. I’m less interested in the content (I’ll judge it when I see it) and more interested in the comments people are making about this show. Some are quite disturbing. (You can read the comments on YouTube.) How is “shut up you feminist whore” even a remotely good response to anything? - J