Ally and Joanna are two twenty-something pop culture fanatics. Each week, they talk about everything from Lady Gaga and Ryan Gosling's abs to Cary Grant and Lisa Turtle. They try to stay on topic.
New episodes every Friday!
Post with 1 note
This week’s podcast is all about SNL, our love for Jackie Chan and Dawson’s Creek, and upcoming summer movies. There is also a Lohan Watch Update because a Lohan without a leading man is a tragedy.
1. Goodbye Ruby Tuesday Kristen Wiig left SNL last week. Where does Wiig and the show go from here?
2. Nostalgia Fest - Ally and Joanna have a serious case of nostalgia.
3. 2012 Summer Movie Preview - The Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus and The Expendables 2 are just some of the movies we are looking forward to.
4. Pop Culture Minute - Why can’t Glee stay in high school?
Post with 5 notes
Are you ready? The Ally and Joanna Christmas Spectacular is here! Also on tap are Young Adult and the Bieber. Take a listen!
1. Ally and Joanna Discuss Young Adult - Charlize Theron gets nasty in her latest role and this podcasting duo likes it.
2. 2011’s Best Christmas TV - Here is a rundown of how some of our favorite TV comedies faired this holiday season.
3. The Christmas Movies We Love - We chat about The Family Stone, A Christmas Carol, and… not It’s A Wonderful Life. (Gasp! Blasphemy!)
4. Christmas Pop Culture Minute - Someone stop that Bieber in the window from appearing on yet another Christmas special.
I’m catching up on Glee and this is basically how I feel about the show whenever Quinn’s character is pushed into another stupid storyline that develops her in no way whatsoever. Framing Shelby? Come on. -A
Apparently Naya Rivera and Shay Mitchell are friends. Friends who wear odes to each other on t-shirts. Friends who play lesbians on TV. If they were a real couple, it would be the most attractive couple ever! With the BEST hair! -A
Towards the end of Footloose, I said to Ally, “If only Mike Chang was in this!” Ally responded: “You just read my mind. Stop doing that!” - J
Barbie has tattoos and pink hair! Watch out Quinn Fabray, The Skanks may have a new member. -A
Post with 2 notes
This week The Lion King is a box office hit, Joanna refuses to believe that Harry Potter is really named Daniel Radcliffe, and Ally is a zombie. Oh and a few other things happen on the podcast too. Take a listen!
Runtime: 47 minutes
1. The 2011 Emmys Redux - They happened! Everyone wore red. Coach Taylor got an Emmy and Jon Hamm’s fans cried tears of bitterness. Here is what we loved, what we hated (cough Mildred Pierce cough), and the shows we’re going to watch now that the Emmys have been handed out.
2. Gleeks Can’t Handle The Truth - Sarah Hyland of Modern Family poked fun at Lea Michele and the Gleeks went crazy. We also talk a bit about the season three premiere and where we hope Glee goes from here.
3. Goodbye Housewives! - The Real Housewives of NYC said goodbye to four cast members: sharp-tongued Jill Zarin, social climber Alex McCord, jelly bean lover Kelly Bensimon, and Quoge’s #1 fan Cindy Barshop. Will we miss them? A bit. But Ramona Singer and her pinot grigio live on!
4. Joanna Reviews Drive - Don’t be confused by how puzzled she sounds, Drive is the best 2011 movie Joanna has seen so far.
5. Pop Culture Minute - Stay calm and give Netflix a chance to prove to you that Qwikster isn’t a terrible idea.
Thanks for listening!
When Quinn set this piano on fire, I decided I NEED BADASS PINK HAIR, like now. I also thought, “How did 1984 Madonna get to this episode?” Must have been a flux capacitor. -A
The season premiere of Glee is tonight! Who’s excited? - J
Page 1 of 2