Ally and Joanna are two twenty-something pop culture fanatics. Each week, they talk about everything from Lady Gaga and Ryan Gosling's abs to Cary Grant and Lisa Turtle. They try to stay on topic.
New episodes every Friday!
Photo with 4 notes
Holy moly, Adele is pregnant. Omg, her post-pregnancy album is going to be fantastic. Also, TomKat are divorcing but I really could care less about that news. - J
There is one word that sums up this week’s podcast: weird. Ally can’t stop saying it. Everything from unforgivable celebrities to an American version of Downton Abbey (we don’t get that one either) are just really weird. Listen and find out why.
1. A Look at Celebrity Deaths - When a famous person dies, the
world Internet cries.
2. The Most Hated Celebrities Club - Chris Brown won a Grammy. Controversy ensued. Who are some other notable people who will never be forgiven?
3. A British (Television) Invasion - America, please do not ruin Downton Abbey or Sherlock with your crappy remakes.
4. Pop Culture Minute - Singers are people too!
Not only did Adele look amazing, but she OWNED the Grammys this year! I’M WILD ABOUT THAT VOICE! -A
Post with 3 notes
It’s the last episode of the first season of the Ally and Joanna Show. Where did the time go? On this episode there is some movie talk, some television talk, some Kardashian talk, and more. Take a listen!
1. Ally and Joanna Discuss The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Rooney Mara’s badassness dominates David Fincher’s adaptation of the popular Swedish series.
2. Ally and Joanna Discuss The Artist - This is a charming silent film, but it’s not the best we’ve seen this year.
3. The Best of 2011 - Here is what made 2011 a memorable year.
4. Pop Culture Minute - Dedicated to the faces we never want to see in 2012.