Ally and Joanna are two twenty-something pop culture fanatics. Each week, they talk about everything from Lady Gaga and Ryan Gosling's abs to Cary Grant and Lisa Turtle. They try to stay on topic.
New episodes every Friday!
Post with 2 notes
This week’s Ally and Joanna Show features a special appearance by a special horse. He’s hanging out with us because the Oscars didn’t work out in his favor.
1. How To Fix The Oscars - Listen up, Academy. We have some suggestions.
2. Casting WTFs - There have been a few casting announcements lately that are making us scratch our heads.
3. Bully: This Film Is Rated R - The MPAA’s latest controversial rating.
4. Pop Culture Minute - You should be watching Smash.
In case you already missing the 2012 best picture nominees (and let’s be real, you don’t), here is every single swear word in every nominated film. - J
Post with 6 notes
Now presenting Ally and Joanna’s Academy Awards Drinking Game!
If you listened to this week’s podcast (if not, there is still time before the Oscars telecast!), we announced the rules. Hopefully they get you so wasted, you won’t feel the pain of the Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close clip reel or Gary Oldman’s inevitable loss.
You must take a drink when:
Post with 2 notes
It’s the Ally and Joanna Show Oscars spectacular with a obligatory dose of Lindsay Lohan news. It doesn’t get more exciting than this.
Listen now on Podomatic or the embedded gizmo below.
1. Lohan Rising - Shoutout to our girl, Lindsay, who is finally (hopefully) back on track.
2. Oscars! Oscars! Oscars! - The most magical night of the year is here. We break down the winners, our dream upsets, the boring best picture race and more.
3. Pop Culture Minute - The Ally and Joanna Oscars drinking game allows you to maximize your Oscars night fun.
We have realized that Joanna is the Jenna Maroney to Ally’s Liz Lemon. Don’t believe us? Then you should listen to this week’s podcast. We discuss the Oscar nominations, A Separation and more.
1. Oscar Nomination Overreactions - People really didn’t like the Oscar nominations. We wonder why they thought this year would be any different.
2. Ally and Joanna Discuss A Separation - This Iranian film is a critical success. You should see it now.
3. Does Everyone Still Hate Katherine Heigl? - The Heigl has a new movie out this weekend. But have people changed their tune about her?
4. Pop Culture Minute - We cast the Gabby Giffords HBO movie. Because you know it is only a matter of time before that happens.
And as mentioned. “Joanna At The Oscars: A Portrait”
Photo with 4 notes
This is my reaction to the thought of seeing Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Kill me now. Thanks, Academy. - J