Now presenting Ally and Joanna’s Academy Awards Drinking Game!
If you listened to this week’s podcast (if not, there is still time before the Oscars telecast!), we announced the rules. Hopefully they get you so wasted, you won’t feel the pain of the Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close clip reel or Gary Oldman’s inevitable loss.
You must take a drink when:
- Whenever Uggie appears.
- If there is a noticeable upset. And if Gary Oldman or Rooney Mara wins just drink the entire bottle.
- Four shots for a Tinker Tailor Solider Spy win.
- Every Brangelina sighting.
- The inevitable Rooney Mara-Superbowl reference.
- When someone mentions race and the producers cut to a black person.
- Whenever Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer act like the adorable besties that they are.
- When Jean Dujardin is incorporated into Billy Crystal’s musical number.
- The inevitable Michael Fassbender penis reference.
- Anything Meryl Streep.
- When Melissa Leo references her f-bomb. When Natalie Portman emerges from her post-pregnancy hideout.
- When a man with large glasses (so probably Martin Scorsese or Gary Oldman) graces our presence.
- Just drink throughout the War Horse clip reel. And the Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close clip reel. It will make them go by faster.
- The inevitable “what the fuck was the Tree of Life about?” joke.
- If Harry Potter wins something technical.
- Anything Muppets.
- Any time someone struggles to pronounce “Hazanavicius”
It’s the Ally and Joanna Show Oscars spectacular with a obligatory dose of Lindsay Lohan news. It doesn’t get more exciting than this.
Listen now on Podomatic or the embedded gizmo below.
1. Lohan Rising - Shoutout to our girl, Lindsay, who is finally (hopefully) back on track.
2. Oscars! Oscars! Oscars! - The most magical night of the year is here. We break down the winners, our dream upsets, the boring best picture race and more.
3. Pop Culture Minute - The Ally and Joanna Oscars drinking game allows you to maximize your Oscars night fun.